THE NUTS AND BOLTS: PAYMENT, AND POLICIES
· In court-referred mediations, all fees are due in full at the beginning of the first session. Refunds will be provided for time not used.
· In non-court mediations, fees are due at the end of each session.
· Court ordered rate is $200 per hour and private rate is $300 per hour. Sessions are typically 2-hours long.
· If any scheduled session is cancelled with less than 24-hour notice, there will be a 50% cancellation fee for private mediation and 100% for Court mediations.
· We accept cash, check and credit card(3% service charge).
· We offer a trained male/female co-mediation team at no additional expense. Please inform us 48 hours prior to the first session if you opt out of the team approach.
Communication & Confidentiality
1. The mediators are neutral & communication between the mediators and participants is expected to be via email and include the other participant and legal counsel, if any.
2. If you have been referred by the Anne Arundel Court to mediate a specific topic, we cannot discuss other topics without signed consent to expand the scope of the mediation.
3. What is said in court-referred mediations cannot be repeated in Court per the Court Rules. Similar provisions are by separate agreement in other mediations.
4. If you are court-referred, mediators must disclose to the court your attendance but do not disclose content of communication unless you agree.
5. In all cases, mediators must disclose unreported abuse or risk of harm to children or vulnerable adults.
6. Any agreement signed in court-referred mediation may be cancelled within 2 weeks. If not cancelled, it will be submitted for adoption by the Court.